Have you missed your period recently? Did you know that there are many hormones in women that affect their daily life?
Additionally, did you know that it is crucial for women, young and old, to understand the importance of hormones? Balanced hormones help us to perform and feel our best.
Your hormone health is important. Understand the role your hormones play, what is normal for your body, and reasons you missed your period (not caused by pregnancy).
Your Hormones And Health
Hormones are the foundation of health. Both women and men have hormones that operate for different, important reasons. What happens when hormones are imbalanced?
An imbalance means that your body is making too much or too little of a hormone. Hormone imbalances can show themselves through different symptoms. They can cause irregular cycles, moodiness, PMS, excessive weight gain, loss of muscle mass, hair loss, extreme fatigue, digestive problems, anxiety, depression, infertility, and more.
If you are experiencing what you think is the cause of a hormonal imbalance, consult your doctor for a female hormone panel (a blood draw). Hormone tests measure hormone levels in the blood. Keep a close eye on your hormone biomarkers to help you live life in comfort!
Reasons You Missed Your Period
Women can miss their period, even if cycles are regular. Several reasons women miss periods might fall under one of the categories below.
- Thyroid Conditions
- Metabolic conditions (alterations in blood sugar and certain hormone levels)
- Imbalanced hormones / Irregular cycles
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Ovarian cysts
- Recent Illness
- Certain birth control methods/medications
Fertility Education and Medical Management
What is FEMM?
Fertility Education and Medical Management is a simple program for women’s hormonal health.
Why use FEMM?
This program is a natural approach that allows women to work with their bodies, help women get to the root cause of health issues, and treat women as unique individuals.
What are the benefits?
Women learn about their bodies and how to use cycle signs to understand:
- Understand your body – Understand the reasons for acne, irregular cycles, moodiness, and more.
- Natural and women-specific – Each woman has a unique menstrual cycle. FEMM helps women to work with her body. Discover your unique cycle!
- Be an informed participant in your healthcare – Discover a healthy lifestyle for yourself and be empowered to make informed health decisions!
- Improve your health – Unlock the power of cycle patterns and feel better and be healthier!
What do clients need to do? What should they expect?
Take the Introduction session at Options for Women / River Falls to see if FEMM can help you! Learn how to track your cycle effectively and how to use the knowledge to “crack the code” for your health!
Want to know how Options for Women can help women answer their sexual health questions? Schedule your appointment online or call us at 715-425-8539. Let us help give you peace of mind today!